[IP] Type 1 diabetes and training to run

 Kim--Good for you for training for a race. The Diabetes Exercise and Sports
Association (DESA) is also a good place for information. I have done a variety
of races and "extreme" exercise over the years, both before I started wearing an
insulin pump in 1998 and now for 10 years with Mr. Pumpy. I find that it is
important to turn my pump way down (typically at least 80% reduction) at least
one hour before I begin exercising (or compensate with added carbs). I wear a
waistpack that is snug (neoprene) and I find that the tubes of glucose are best
as they are not uncomfortable and don't bounce around like glucose tabs. And my
motto is "test, test, test." I hope this helps, and good luck.

Melitta