RE: [IP] questions about Minimed x22 series

--- On Wed, 6/4/08, Dick Hunt <email @ redacted> wrote:
> 	For fun and giggles, I tried some numbers to see what
> would happen.
> (MM722)
> First - my c ratio is 4:1
> 	- my correction is 10:1
> 	- I set my target bg at 88-92
>
> I put in 1, 4, 8 carbs using the wizard set to a bg of 65.
> I could not get
> the carbs to add in.  When I went to my correction, 10
> carbs, it told me to
> bolus 0.2, but if I manually reduced the 0.2 to 0.0, it
> would not take.

 I tried adding in carbs without a bolus, even though my pump recommended .3u,
and the carbs did not add into my total. I did find out that you can manually
enter carbs in Carelink and your totals will be updated there (all the carbs
from your pump that were bolused for, plus any extra that weren't).

 I'm wanting to get an accurate carb count because I'm sure my basal rates need
adjusting as well as my I:C ratios. I'm needing to eat too many extra carbs but
I lose track since the pump doesn't record them.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987