[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]   Help@Insulin-Pumpers.org
  [Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]   for subscribe/unsubscribe assistance

Re: [IP] employment lawyer

Your daughter should ask Human Resource Dept. for FMLA (Family Medical Leave
Act) application.  She and physician need to fill out the application.  If she
need's a block of time or an intermittant leave from work, the approval from
HR would allow her to continue work with approved absences.  FMLA is federally
mandated to be offered to staff (I think if they have over 50 employees). 
There are certain parameters that must be meet to be qualified for FMLA.
(ex. may be around 1300 hrs actually worked in the last year to qualify; a new
employee wouldn't qualify).  I think an employee who qualifies for FMLA, can
use up to 12 weeks of paid or unpaid time each year, as it relates to his
Qualified FMLA absences can not be used against the employee in a service
rating for dependancy issues.

----- Original Message ----
From: George E Eberhardt <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Tuesday, June 3, 2008 3:59:55 PM
Subject: [IP] employment lawyer

My daughter works for a large fortune 500 company, and is starting to
have problems with her boss because of her medical problems.  One of
her doctors suggested that she should see a lawyer and talk to her HR
department.  If you have been this route, can you give me any
suggestions or advice?

George E Eberhardt
(732) 224-8988
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe/change list versions,
contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org