[IP] Type 1 diabetes and training to run

Kim,

If you're interested in diabetes and exercise, there's a camp, Diabetes
Training Camp, http://www.diabetestrainingcamp.com/ that's truly worth every
penny and more.  I attended last year in Pennsylvania and will be attending
again in less than 2 weeks in the Chicago area.  It's very intense if you
partake in all of it, from 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.  You can participate in all
or parts of it.  And it all centers on how exercise affects your diabetes and
your blood sugars.   It's put on by Dr. Matt Corcoran and many other medical
personnel and coaches who are top in their fields.   You also learn about many
other aspects of diabetes as well.
Rose Pisano

< I'm 35 years old and a type 1 on a medtronic pump for 6 years. I am curious
if
there is anyone out there who has trained to run, initially I'd like to
successfully complete a 5k, then a 10k and who knows, maybe a marathon at one
point. I wondered what people do when they run to prepare, how they manage
their
glucose while running.