[IP] SIMVASTATIN

My endo gave me a prescription for Simvastatin.   My LDL in January was
 106.5. HDL was 54, total cholesterol 162, triglycerides 62. LDL was, of course,
marked with an H.   I am afraid to take the simvastatin because there was a
 warning on it about drinking causing damage to the liver. I am not going to
give up my good Canadian beer.   I am trying to lower my LDL by myself with a
few cuts in my diet and the Dreadmill almost every day.
I had a leak one time.   It wasn't really a gusher.   I changed my site and
 was getting ready to bowl when guys noticed the blood on the floor. The first
thought was a bloody nose and then I checked my abdomen.   The blood had
 missed the bowling shirt which was loose and luckily the guy who ran the alleys
had some Band-Aids.   In the old days   as a kindergarten teacher I always had
Band-Aids in my wallet.   Now I make sure I have some with me at all times.
They come in handy when I am a substitute teacher also.
Cheers,
Jim Durr
Lisbon, NY waiting for the St. Lawrence River to warm up a little