[IP] surgery questions

Jenny, 17, went to the dermatologist last week to have a couple of
moles examined and the doctor found a big (6 x 8 inches), flat tumor on
her back on top of her shoulder blade. The doctor thinks it's a lipoma,
a benign fatty tumor, but there's a chance it could be another kind of
soft tissue tumor. We go see a surgeon on Monday. As I read online, if
it's benign and not complicated by being in the muscle, the surgery
should take less than an hour.  Sometimes, they even do a liposuction.

I haven't paid much attention to the posts about surgery because they
didn't apply to us. What does everyone recommend I say to the surgeon?
I know sometimes they want to remove the pump and deal with the glucose
levels in their own way.

This who thing really is upsetting because Jenny didn't even know it
was there. She is supposed to leave on July 11 to be a counselor at the
diabetes camp she has gone to for six years.

Kay