[IP] Re: Symlin into a Quickset

    Yes, I had and do have some thoughts on injecting Symlin through a
Quickset. I was waiting for someone else to give a response because I only
had a faint memory of a warning from Amylin Pharm.and didn't want to dig
back though their web sites.( no high speed line here)
    This kind of Symlin infusion is bound to get mixed at the infusion site
with insulin which Amylin warns against. Maybe one or both of these hormones
will be degraded because of a ph conflict. My non-professional conclusion
after reading the early literature was that this was a caution that would be
dealt with later after the company got past the FDA hurdles. You can
understand that after 15 years to get this product to market it was best to
keep things simple.
    So, my thought on your idea is if you do put the two together you are on
your own.
    If you were instead thinking about a separate Quickset for each hormone
then , you might look into a product sold in Europe that is specifically
made to put MDIs into one 3 day site. If I ever went back to MDI it would be
seriously considered.
            Peter 1

> Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:23:47 -0500
> From: "Ruth Jennison" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] slurpee warning
>
> PS Anyone have any thoughts on my earlier post about experiences with Symlin
and injection directly into a Quickset?