Re: [IP] college accommodations

Since I am over 17, and considered an "adult", I take whatever liberties
afforded me by the Americans With Disabilities Act that I want.  This
includes testing my blood sugar in class without first asking, just like
I would do at a restaurant or other public place.  Of course, it also
depends on the school, whether public or private.  Many colleges and
universities have an office for students with disabilities that can
assist you with getting the accommodations your daughter requires, and
give you some guidance about dealing with informing the teachers about
her needs.  Early registration is also sometimes afforded students
registered through the office of disabilities.

Furthermore, if and when she is to take standardized tests like the MCAT
or LSAT, the boards that administer these tests have particular methods
for dealing with special accommodations that must need to be made during
these tests.  You must make a special request for these when you
schedule the test, which may also require a special testing date and time.

Antonio in LA,Age 40, Type 1 since 1993