Re: [IP] Living Wills & Med Power of Attorney

Hi Rick,

We have living wills and we have medical power of attorney (because we
aren't married). I trust my partner, and it's a good thing that I do because
I was admitted unconscious with DKA two years ago, and thankfully, because
of that piece of paper she was able to tell the doc; no, she's been
unreachable since she went to bed last night, and yes we went to the doc the
day she collapsed but they didn't check that, and why haven't you called her
PCP yet? (this was right before we moved in together, so they were even less
likely to listen to her).

It makes it easier to make those hard decisions, but the decisions still
have to be made. At least with the piece of paper, they are granted the
legal right to make the decision.

Laura & Lil Bit