RE: [IP] Pulling out infusion sets

The EMLA itself can cause problems with site adherence sometimes. It is an
oil based emollient and really needs to be washed off with soap and water
(Dial Liquid) prior to site preparation and insertion. The other trick that
I use is a spritz of nasonex (prescription) before I use the skin prep. Can
not tell you why is works, however it was recommended and I tried it and it
really helps. We live in Florida and I have a 9 year old boy (all boy). He
is as rough as they come. Hope this helps.

Tania
Mom of Patrick 9yo, dx'd @ 5, pumping Animas since 2003