Re: [IP] an "elephant's ear?"

 I've seen recipes for them that were both fried and baked...near identical
recipes but prepared differently. Maybe that part is a regional thing. I
wouldn't know. I had what was called an EE at a home show once and it was
definitely fried.
I also found these:
http://www.decaturnet.org/sertoma/Eearstory.htm
http://www.sptimes.com/2002/02/13/Taste/dish.shtml

I think we can both agree they are delicious! ;)

 Take care, Kerri - proud mom of 8 in western OR :)
http://www.myspace.com/txgrits1965
 "Work hard, live simply, give liberally, save wisely." - John Coblentz,
Christian Family Living