Re: [IP] an "elephant's ear?"

-----Original Message-----
 >> There is a big difference in EE's and fried dough. EE's are made in bakery's
 >>and are made out of a flaky pastry, with a crumbley sugar and cinnamon
topping
>>no glaze. It is a bakery pastry not a fair food, my friend the chef told me
>>that. I have only been able to buy them at pastry shops not fairs.
>
>Sounds like your pastry chef is trying to redefine elephant ears.
>Calorie King lists them as fair food, and the ones I had (before D,
>so it's been 35 years plus) were not flaky.

----------
 We used to call the flaky pastry kind (palmiers is the technical term, I think)
"angel wings" when I was a kid.
picture here:  http://www.labon.com/Catalog%20Templates/copy6%20Palmiers.htm
I had never heard them called elephant ears.

This is what the fair food looks like without any toppings:
http://www.sptimes.com/2002/02/13/Taste/dish.shtml

 I have never had or seen those in person. We only had funnel cakes and zeppoles
at the fairs I went to.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987