RE: [IP] an "elephant's ear?"

All the EEs I've had have been the flaky type made in a bakery.

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Sue Ann Bowling
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 1:07 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] an "elephant's ear?"

>kerri,
>  There is a big difference in EE's and fried dough. EE's are made in
>bakery's and are made out of a flaky pastry, with a crumbley sugar and
>cinnamon topping no glaze. It is a bakery pastry not a fair food, my
>friend the chef told me that. I have only been able to buy them at pastry
shops not fairs.

Sounds like your pastry chef is trying to redefine elephant ears.
Calorie King lists them as fair food, and the ones I had (before D, so it's
been 35 years plus) were not flaky.
--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, AK
Dx 1969 at age 28, insulin from start, C-peptide undetectable (Probably type