Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:55:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: "maverickmom \(Kerri\)" <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] an "elephant's ear?"

Done...I just sent you the recipe offlist. :)
 The recipes for the EE and fry bread may vary slightly (even 2 recipes for EE
or fry bread will differ slightly) so you may notice a difference.
  I think elephant ears were probably inspired by fry bread (I had fry bread and
Indian tacos in NM long before elephant ears and other variants of it started
showing up). :) If I sprinkle powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar on fry bread it
 tastes just like an elephant ear (to me). If I eat the fry bread plain it
tastes
 different than an EE. If I put honey on it, it tastes kind of like a sopaipilla
 (but thicker and lumpier lol)...which also has a similar dough, it's just
rolled
out thinner.