Re: [IP] an "elephant's ear?"

Done...I just sent you the recipe offlist. :)
 The recipes for the EE and fry bread may vary slightly (even 2 recipes for EE
or fry bread will differ slightly) so you may notice a difference.
 I think elephant ears were probably inspired by fry bread (I had fry bread and
Indian tacos in NM long before elephant ears and other variants of it started
showing up). :) If I sprinkle powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar on fry bread it
tastes just like an elephant ear (to me). If I eat the fry bread plain it tastes
different than an EE. If I put honey on it, it tastes kind of like a sopaipilla
(but thicker and lumpier lol)...which also has a similar dough, it's just rolled
out thinner.

 Take care, Kerri - proud mom of 8 in western OR :)
http://www.myspace.com/txgrits1965
 "Work hard, live simply, give liberally, save wisely." - John Coblentz,
Christian Family Living

Renee said:
My goodness Kerri you are making my mouth water. Elephant ears are Yummy, and
Indian Tacos are the Best. I have had it at Powwow's and of course Indian fry
bread. Would you send me the recipe for the fry bread if you don't mind, it has
a different taste than fried dough. Drooling thinking about it.