Re: [IP] an "elephant's ear?"

 It's not a regional thing. They are basically the same. Fry bread is what
Native Americans call their fried dough. It can be sweet or made into "Indian
tacos". The fry bread can be fairly small, or as large as a dinner plate.
 Elephant ears are very similar, intended to be sweet, and made from a baked or
fried dough. They are generally as large as a dinner plate but could vary in
size too, I suppose. The elephant ears that I've had (which have been fried)
tasted just like fry bread to me. I just looked up a recipe for EE and it is
very similar to my fry bread recipe. :)

 Take care, Kerri - proud mom of 8 in western OR :)
http://www.myspace.com/txgrits1965
 "Work hard, live simply, give liberally, save wisely." - John Coblentz,
Christian Family Living

Ricardo Asks:
Excuse my regional ignorance about the difference in the use of the terms fry
bread and fried dough. I had never heard the term fry bread. For me, any thing
cooked in hot oil is fried.

Is this a regional distinction or is there a difference in the use of fry vs.
fried?