Re: [IP] Diabetes Health

>  There was a guy at our church a few years ago who noticed Shannon's
> pump and even knew what it was, so we started talking diabetes-shop.
> He said he "used to have" diabetes, was even on insulin because it was
> so severe, but that he didn't have it anymore because he had lost a
lot
> of weight, thus, no longer needed meds or insulin.

A very large couple visited us from our church and reported that a man
who took 15u a day lost 15# and was off insulin. They said if I would
lose weight I, too, could go off insulin. I think it's funny when a fat
person tells a normal-sized person to lose weight for better health.
YMMV The whole family was very large and the mom said the only exercise
she got was Saturdays whipping up waffle batter.  Anyway that was when I
did not know how to explain the difference in types. I did not comply.

Jan T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) Dialyzing 7/8/02
http://maxpages.com/bludasue  - http://maxpages.com/TSLandCLIP  -
http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics (evolution of pumps)