[IP] Re Neuropathy

Hi SJC,
neuropathy is something I've been trying to deal with since I got over my
DKA hospitalization 2 years ago.

I was very sick, so not taking good care of myself, and ended up commatose
in the hospital with a BG over 900. They tell me I was unconscious for about
2 days. Afterward, I had to have retinopathy lasering done to both eyes. I
started noticing neuropathy not long after that. I would tell my doc that my
feet were hurting, and I was tired, but he never would do anything about it.
That was two doctors ago. My current endo has a diabetic educator that is
also type one and wears a pump. I was telling her about the kind of pain I
have and that I thought it might be neuropathy, and she agreed and gave me a
list of several different types of drugs. The first one we tried helped the
stabbing pain, but not the burning pain, so we're trying another one now. It
makes me dizzy, but that's supposed to go away after a couple of weeks. The
good thing is, that it's helping the pain, tremendously, so as long as the
dizziness does subside, I think we're in business!

The point I'm trying to make here is that what works for me may not work for
you. You have to try one, and if it doesn't work, try the next one, until
you find the one that does the best job for you.

Laura & Lil Bit
"Better is Better!"