[IP] symlin in infusion set and low carbing with symlin

Hi all,

Just checking to see if anyone has been injecting symlin into their infusion
sets. *I have!* and it hasn't changed the action (as far as I can tell) of
either the symlin or the novolog. There is a stinging sensation but that
happens wherever I inject the stuff. Are there any reasons that I shouldn't be
doing this? Has anyone else had good results with this method? Granted I am
only at the 2 unit level (just started) but I am indeed psyched not to have to
inject.
Also-- I do eat a very low carb diet. Is anyone else lowcarbing and doing the
symlin?  I have been finding that my bolus requirements are not only smaller
but I have to give them about an hour after eating.

Peace,

Ruth

Ruth Jennison
Assistant Professor