Re: [IP] DKA

Bob,

  My Joshua, age 14.5 and also on Cozmore system was in the ICU for two nights
and one days just this week for the same things. He is fine now and we actually
think that his KTs were due to increase in stress due to some changes around
here. He has since recovered and I actually am putting partial blame on the
infusion sets we were using. We switched from Animas Insets to The SpecRx Thin
Sets and things have not been quite right with those sets. He is back on Insets
and things are just fine!!!

 But at the Navy Hospital once they got his BGs down they were anxious to get
him back on the pump so he would have background insulin on board. I was there
for most of his stay so they left his D. care up to me for the most part....this
fact REALLY pissed off the MDs though....TOUGH!!!

Sylvia
mom to Joshua