Re: [IP] DKA

>>Rob said: Has any of this instant DKA happened to anyone else?<<

 I'm sorry this happened to you! DKA can come on quickly for some. This hasn't
happened to us but it has to people we know.
 A teen girl in our support group (she does not see our clinic drs) had the same
thing happen a couple of months ago, but her dr did take her Cozmo away (after
he chewed her out while her mother wasn't there). I'll spare you my rant about
her experience. ;) She just recently got it back after another episode of DKA on
Lantus/Novolog. The dr finally realized that the mom knew what she was doing all
along and that it really wasn't the pump after all. Duh.
 A former member of our group was hospitalized for DKA a few weeks ago when his
Cozmo started malfunctioning. They didn't take his away. The drs actually helped
him get it replaced.

 Take care, Kerri - proud mom of 8 in western OR :)
http://www.myspace.com/txgrits1965
 "Work hard, live simply, give liberally, save wisely." - John Coblentz,
Christian Family Living