Re: [IP] Cottage Cheese

At 04:46 PM 6/21/2006, you wrote:

>Protein shouldn't be giving you a two-hour spike, but a delayed
>high. I use a modified TAG (carb plus half the protein) and have
>cottage cheese and fruit for lunch all the time.  The fruit is more
>likely to be causing a spike.

I doubt it's the fruit.  As I said, I have the same thing many
mornings except sometimes it's yogurt instead of cottage cheese, and
I also put fruit in cold (and hot) cereal with no problems.  This
morning my fruit was 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries.  Sometimes it's
strawberries or blackberries and sometimes even banana.  Never a huge
amount of fruit, and with the banana it's usually 2 oz.

Based on the corrections I've been having to give these past 3 times
it seems like I have to double whatever bolus the pump recommends.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987