From: Amundson, Dustin [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 7:25 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Morning Lows!

I am not a pumper, but I am waiting for a response to see if a pump will
be covered under my insurance.  I know my insurance will cover up to
$3500.00 for durable medical equipment per calendar year, but I don't
know how much the supplier will bill insurance for the pump (depends on
contracts).  Within the last month I have woken up with low blood sugar
around 4:00am about 4 or 5 times, disoriented and playing with the alarm
clock.  I am on Lantus and Novolog (sliding scale).  With the amount of
Lantus I take my readings are usually on target during the day, but at
night is the problem.  I seem to have to eat like a pig before I go to
sleep in order to not have lows.  Will the pump eliminate these lows?
How long does it typically take to get on track when one first starts
pumping?

Thank you,

Dustin Amundson

image001.gif]