[IP] Re: award

Well, regarding the award system and receiving an "award" for having and
surviving DM for 25-50 years, I am a little miffed.  I have had DM for 45
years now and I would much rather be awarded a year's worth of infusion sets
or insulin or some other supply.  It is not only an achievement to have it
for this many years, it is an EXPENSE that I should think the companies we
have kept running should acknowledge and "award".  Give me a break, not an
award!  I know the supplies are not made at Joslin, but they certainly have
a connection.  My feeling is that you have survived anything over 40 years
w/ DM you should receive one of the first "loops" free of charge for life.
That would never be enuf, but it would be something. :)
Barb