[IP] low basal rates

I am a 45-year-old female with IDDM for 34 years and polyglandular autoimmune
disorder (Addison's, diabetes, hypothyroid).  I had basal rates on my insulin
pump ranging from 0.3-0.7 before my pregnancy 12 years ago.  After I delivered
my daughter, my basal rates started to substantially decrease.  I am to the
point where I have my pump set to 0.025 units/hr for greater than 18hrs of the
day and the highest rate is .375 units/hr.  I have been on three pumps in the
past 12 years and two episodes of placing a diluent in pumps because the basal
rates on the pumps were not able to be set lower than 0.025.  I have an
endocrinologist that is reputed as one of the best and am wondering if I am
the only one who has this situation.  I am afraid to exercise at times because
of the low blood glucoses and often turn off my pump with lows still
occurring.

Heidi Huber