Re: [IP] how do I use the Sof-Set for Paradigm pumps

At 01:14 PM 6/18/2006, you wrote:
>Hi everyone. I have been pumping for about four years now and I have always
>used the Quicksets. I tried the silhouettes in the very beginning but was
>not a fan of the angled insertion. I wanted to try a new kind of set to see
>what i thought, so on my most recent order I ordered a box of the sof-sets.
>I like the low profile but I am not sure I put it in correctly. Is it just
>me or are the picture only directions with these confusing? I had an extra
>piece in the end- a film i think. if anyone uses this set can you give me a
>quick description of how these are to be used? also- the plastic flaps on
>the set- is there supposed to be an adhesive on those, or only on the square
>sourrounding the cannula? It seems strange that there isn't any there...Any
>input would be much appreciated!
>
>thanks,
>Aisling

The plastic only has that tiny spot of adhesive, which is why you
need to tape it down.  They give two kinds of tape and I always use
both when I use a Sof-Set.  If you feel your set is on securely with
just one piece, then just use one.  I think the rectangular piece
that's kind of textured goes down first, then the other piece on top
of that.  I use the serter device when I use the Sof-Sets.  Once it's
inserted I put the rectangular tape down and then I remove the
needle.  Then I put the other tape down.  I've pretty much only used
them on my hips because of the low profile, which means I'm less
likely to yank it out by accident.  I used them just a couple of
weeks ago and the first one was fine.  I had problems with the second
one and had to remove it, and the replacement also wasn't working.  I
then just went back to the Silhouettes.  I've had the fewest problems
with those and inserting them no longer scares me to death!  I had so
many problems with Quick-Sets that I don't want to try them
again.  For my next order I think I might try the Sure-T metal sets
because I would like to have another straight-in insertion option.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987