[IP] Re: Symlin

In a message dated 6/16/2006 6:02:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
John,
   Once I found the correct dosage, I had no side effects whatsoever.  Here's
how it works.  You start with 2 units.  If you have no billiousness or
 nausea, you try 3 or 4 units next time and so on. I was fine at 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,
7,
 but when I tried 8 units, I felt queasy. So, I stayed at 8 units each meal for
a few days because the product insert advises that.  It says that the
queasiness may pass, but if not, to back down to the dose where you felt fine.

I tried for about 5 days to stay at 8 units.  No go.  I backed down to 7 and
I felt fine.  I continue at 7 and that is my dosage!  I think Symlin is the
best thing since the Easter bunny.  Your doctor may have a sample vial you can
try at no cost.  That is what I did.  I find it a true miracle.  My a1c went
from 6.1 to 5.8 in only one month and, as you know, a1c measure more than one
month's worth of blood sugar control.  So, I anticipate being in the low 5's
soon.  I hope you will talk to your endo about it.  Maxine