[IP] Re: Pancreatitis caused diabetes

    At age 35 I was set back with a case of mono. It lasted for about 2
months. At 36+ pancreatitis was diagnosed after complaints of tiredness and
a dull pain in the area of the pancreas. At 37+ the glucose tolerance test
showed some slight problems and at age 39 I started life as a fully
qualified, but totally unprepared insulin shooting T1. There have been no
insulin sensitivity problems.
    There is no way to now say that mono started the slow decline but I have
read that the mono virus can start the autoimmune attacks.
                    Peter 1
 -----