Re: [IP] endocrinologists

Andy, that's a good point as well.  There probably is a point at which
the specialty is required.  Both for training on insulin, and for
treating complications.  But for the in-between period, my GP is more
competent than my endo.  FWIW, my endo was clueless about the anorexia
(loss of appetite) caused by HIV and said I "just need to eat".  Then
when I finally was able to eat, including moderate portions of bread and
pasta, he said I should be on an Atkins type low carb diet and chastised
me for how I treat my low blood sugars, saying that I just can't eat
something sweet to bring them up.  As anyone who has had a low knows, it
is sometimes hard to stop yourself from gobbling up everything in site
when you just feel so awful that your body NEEDS it.

Antonio in LA,Age 40, Type 1 since 1993