[IP] re: Accutane and diabetes

My daughter is on her 2nd round of Accutane. She took it in high school
(probably a freshman) and just recently started it again..she is almost 22.
They said she probably took it "too early" and desperately needed it again.
Anyway, no evidence of diabetes with her.  I was diagnosed with Type 1 at
age 23 and there is no family history of it.  Was told the stress of my
pregnancy probably triggered it.  JulieW

The question was:  "Is there a correlation between Accutane and diabetes?  I
want to know how many people have been diagnosed with diabetes either during
or after taking Accutane and have no family history.  I have heard of
several cases myself and it seems like no one wants to research it."