Re: [IP] New to List - Need assistance

> Thu, 15 Jun 2006 15:00:32 -0400
> From: Andy Mayshar <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] New to List - Need assistance
>
> The way you describe your condition, I suspect that you can also qualify for
> SSDI and then get Medicare Part B and have your supplies covered.  Worth a
> try.
>
> Andy
>
>>  As noted my husband is on SSDI and I am not working so there is no cash to
>>  purchase them outright and the free care system has rejected us thus far.

Actually that won't work.

Its a pass-fail system.

 You see I don't have enough employment quarters in for the last 6 years prior
to filing (if filed now) so I do not qualigy for SSDI.

The problem is the system never gets to determining disability.

 It firsts looks at whether you have enough work periods to qualify. If not,
then your application is rejected. It never reaches the disability determination
people.

Mary K.