Re: [IP] New Tool Diagnoses LADA

>To confirm what signs and symptoms could distinguish LADA from type 2
>diabetes, the researchers interviewed 102 adults diagnosed with LADA and 111
>adults with type 2. Five characteristics set LADA apart: onset before age
>50, acute symptoms, normal weight and a personal or family history of
>autoimmune diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis.

I only count four characteristics, but with hindsight I have all of
them:  age 29, acute thirst/polyuria but only slightly overweight
(5'6" and 130 lb) at diagnoses, and a sister who developed MS some
ten years after I was diagnosed.  Can LADA be identified 37 years
after initial diagnosis?  I know a recent C-peptide test couldn't
find any, and oral agents never worked for me--I needed insulin from
the start.  I did have a fairly long honeymoon, and was getting yeast
infections as long as 9 years before diagnosis.
--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, Alaska