Re: [IP] New to List - Need assistance

I have spoken to someone I know who is involved in the
MassHealth system and she advised that you consider
applying for disability yourself through MassHealth -
perhaps on the basis that your health will deteriorate
without the pump.  She advised that if you apply
before your current coverage terminates, you will
probably get to stay on MassHealth while they do the
disability evaluation, which she says takes about 90
days.  She also said it might be worth applying for
disability through Social Security, since MassHealth
must accept the Social Security determination if it's
in your favor.

You may already know all this, but I hope it helps.