[IP] Joslin

I will be at Joslin for the same purpose on June 30th.  I took the long
personality test they send you before your appointment and I'm trying to fill
the questionnaire re diabetes history, mine and my family's.  I hesitated to
join the study because I didn't want to have to remember all that stuff- too
many painful moments, but then I realized I need to pay my dues to my family
for having lived so long with diabetes. If my DNA has a story to tell, then
it's worth it.  Brother 1 is type 2 diabetic, always watched his health and
diet, brother 2 has no diabetes and is a fast food junkie with the following
labs
cholesterol 145
hdl             35
triglicerides   151
vldl              30.2
glucose      67.8

Anybody want to clobber him!!  His wife has type 2 diabetes as do their son,
but that of course is not related to my own DNA. My sister had gestational
diabetes and is concerned about her fifth child who weighed in at 10lbs when
she was born.  I had one aunt and one uncle with type 2 and now one cousin who
is on insulin, but doesn't know what type she is.  Time will tell if the Big D
hits anyone else.  So far my son doesn't have it at age 43.

Good luck with Boston weather in January!  I'm glad my appointment is in the
summer as it makes travelling easier.  I live in Albany NY so I know what the
weather can be like in the winter!

Denise Guerin
Type 1 51 years
Animas 1200