Re: [IP] Off Pump

Dear Kathy,

I posted recently about a similar experience.  It was a bit weird, but
no big deal.  The thing I missed most was having the pump do all the
math for me, and having my pump clock always on me.  (I don't wear a
watch, so I rely on my pump for time keeping.)

In case you haven't been on Lantus before, for some of us, including me,
it wears off at 20-22 hours, and not 24, so my BGs rise in those last
few hours.  To cover this, I break up my Lantus into a morning and
bedtime injection.  It does have a slight peak, also, at about 5-6
hours.  I've also got it planned well enough so that I have pens in both
Lantus and Humalog, which makes MDI much more convenient.

Oh, and for the first 12 hours or so back on the pump, either lower your
basal or watch your BGs very closely (or both), in case you are one of
those people that have leftover Lantus still working.

Don't worry, you'll do just fine.

Antonio in LA
Age 40, Type 1 since 1993
MiniMed Paradigm 515, OneTouch Ultra