[IP] Re: Joslin

I know that Jan Hughey, a frequent contributor to the IP dialog,
reported to IP that she has been scheduled for Friday, this week. I
had my tests at Joslin about 13 months ago. Right now, for several
days at least, the Joslin web site has summaries of two papers that
were presented at the ADA meeting in Washington, DC during the past
week. Both of these papers should be of particular interest to Type 1
diabetics. One was an investigation of the long term effects of
repeated hypoglycemia events on brain function. The other paper is
the report by Drs. King and Keenan about the findings so far in the
50-Year Medalist Study.
http://www.joslin.org/

For many years Joslin held their annual meeting at which new 50-Year
Medalists were recognized in January. Then they switched it to
November. For the last several years that meeting has been in May, so
it looks like they are getting smarter, at least in public relations.
I'd like for them to get even smarter as far as research results are
concerned.

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000, Cozmo 2005

 >>Just got invited to Boston in January to take part in the research
program on
us 'oldies' with over 50 yrs surviving diabetes.
Anybody else been to this???
January in Boston should be interesting!  :)don<<