[IP] Off Pump

 Well, for the first time in 12 years (and only the 3rd time in nearly 24 years)
I'm off my pump. Gotta tell ya, what a strange sensation it is to not be
connected. My pump malfunctioned, and I'm now on Lantus and Humalog until my
replacement arrives on Wednesday.

 Tell me, those of you who've had to go off for a couple of days: how does it
feel? I'm concerned, but not overly so, and have dealt with the diabetes for
nearly 40 years now, but it's gonna be weird for a while to not have my
handy-dandy, trusted friend at my side. Only other times I've been off was when
my Minimed 504 suffered an internal battery failure (went off for 2 weeks - what
a nightmare), and the time before that was when I delivered my daughter 23 years
ago. Figure my numbers are gonna probably run a bit high, but I can deal with
that. Don't want to run too low 'cause I don't want problems when I hook back
up. I'd appreciate the input. Thanks, all.

Kathy Fagan
Dx 10/68, Pumping 12/17/82