Re: [IP] Bolus Wizard

Well, I don't know exactly HOW the pump does the math, but it somehow
takes your correction (1u lowers 30mg/dl) and carb factor (1u covers 10g
of carbs) to figure out the "reverse correction".  For example, if you
are at 240 and your target is 120, and you are eating 100g, then you are
suggested to take 14units of insulin.  However, if you are at 60, then I
*believe* it figures that it takes 10g of carbs to raise 30mg/dl.  So,
if you tell it that you are eating 100g of carbs, it figures 10u for the
100g MINUS *2* units to bring you up to 120 = 8units suggested bolus.

Yes, I agree that this is weird and it doesn't work for me, so I double
the suggested "negative correction" and subtract the additional negative
correction from my bolus.  I also wait until my BG is in the target
range before I bolus.

Antonio in LA
Age 40, Type 1 since 1993
MiniMed Paradigm 515, OneTouch Ultra