[IP] Bolus Wizard

> Matt,
>
> I don't think you mentioned in your original post that you went past
> that message.  That explains why the pump gave you insulin even though
> you were still low.  There are several reasons why this "reverse
> correction" may not be correct.  For one, it just reverses the
> correction formula by subtracting insulin, instead of adding.  I have
> told MiniMed that this doesn't work for me and asked them to customize
> it.  Maybe if you and others also speak to them about this, they will be
> more likely to change.
>
> In the meantime, however, the way I work around it is as we all do with
> diabetes:  guesstimate!  I double the amount that the pump has
> subtracted and manually decrease the bolus amount.  Also, I wait until
> my blood sugar has actually gone up into my normal range before I
> bolus.  If you originally went low because you had too much IOB, then
> that insulin may still be acting and that would also adversely affect
> the formula's calculations.
>
> Antonio in LA
> Age 40, Type 1 since 1993
> MiniMed Paradigm 515, OneTouch Ultra
> MiniMed Carelink and PAL software

Antonio,

(by the way my name is actually Yessi) Thanks for your input.  I do not follow
what my Bolus Wizard tells me to do when I'm low, I also guesstimate.  But I
would like to figure out how to program my pump so the Wizard will compensate
for my low BGs.  There must be something I can change on my settings, but I
can't figure out what.

Yessi Palmer