Re: [IP] Bolus Wizard

Matt,

I don't think you mentioned in your original post that you went past
that message.  That explains why the pump gave you insulin even though
you were still low.  There are several reasons why this "reverse
correction" may not be correct.  For one, it just reverses the
correction formula by subtracting insulin, instead of adding.  I have
told MiniMed that this doesn't work for me and asked them to customize
it.  Maybe if you and others also speak to them about this, they will be
more likely to change.

In the meantime, however, the way I work around it is as we all do with
diabetes:  guesstimate!  I double the amount that the pump has
subtracted and manually decrease the bolus amount.  Also, I wait until
my blood sugar has actually gone up into my normal range before I
bolus.  If you originally went low because you had too much IOB, then
that insulin may still be acting and that would also adversely affect
the formula's calculations.

Antonio in LA
Age 40, Type 1 since 1993
MiniMed Paradigm 515, OneTouch Ultra