Re: [IP] new insurance/new doctor

Debbie,

I know this can be very stressful, but I have found that it's the doctor
and his support staff that matter the most.  Whatever they ware capable
of and willing to handle dictates how much you can rely on them.

While an Endo is duty bound to write pump scripts (although some don't
think so), if your Family Practitioner is able to do this, then great.
The only problem would be when it comes time for a new pump and you need
a letter of medical necessity for the new pump for the insurance
company.  The Family Practitioner probably would not have a clue about
what to write, but the Endo would.

I would say, go with the Family Practice doc in the short term, while
you take your time finding an Endo that's on your plan.

Antonio in LA
Age 40, Type 1 since 1993
MiniMed Paradigm 515, OneTouch Ultra
MiniMed Carelink and PAL software