[IP] new insurance/new doctor

 Well, my husband's insurance is changing for the third time in 6 months in
July. It is a hassel trying to pay the co-pays for supplies and all but ya gotta
do what ya gotta do.

 My biggest thing about changing insurances is this is the first time my doctor
is not on the preferred physcian list. I even called his office to ask if they
accepted PHCS. Their answer "No".Our Internal Medicine docs are the only ones we
use that are not on the list. Our heart docs and Optholmologist and Optometrist
are on the list. So, onto trying to decide about a new doc. With family members
who are in the medical field I felt I could make a good decision. The doctors
that had been previously recommended by a local pharmacy were nixed by ALL the
healthcare family members!!!! (Imagine that!)
 I am going to go to a family practice doctor who when I called deals with a lot
of diabetic patients and has quite a few on pumps. This is the same doctor who
takes care of my children--especially my 9 year olds ADD.
 Do any of you use a family practioner as your pump doctor? I can deal with the
pump myself in the same way I have dealt with my 43 years of diabetes
myself--for the most part. Just really need someone to write my precriptions for
me and do bloodwork and such.
 My question is do you think you get as good of care with a family practioner as
you do with an Internal Med or an Endo?

Thanks!
Debbie and "Sam Ina", that's Animas backwards, from Western Kentucky