RE: [IP] UPS Delivery

At 04:21 PM 6/9/2006, Felix Kasza wrote:
>Wow. I had thought that both the release _and_ the "residential" thing
>had to be ticked for them to just drop it off; my driver explained that
>"residential" means they are allowed to drop off -- _with_ signature --
>at the management office for the apartment complex ....
>
>Perhaps a clarifying phone call to your UPS depot would be in order? I
>may be wrong (and if I am, I would like to find out) -- or they may be
>wrong, in which case they should be made aware of the error.

 In my area, if it says "sign" my UPS won't leave a package unless someone signs
for it. If it's just a "drop off" then he leaves it inside on the porch. I have
an enclosed porch with an unlocked screen door on it. The FedEx guy leaves the
package stuck in the back door with the screen door unlatched so if a strong
wind comes, it blows the screen door open, sometimes damaging the screen door.
My UPS guy, on the other hand, brings it inside the porch and latches the porch
storm door. And, if the package says it needs to be signed for, I must sign for
it.

 DHL has a problem with knocking on the door loudly enough so I can hear him (we
have no doorbell) when he comes to pick up a package. I hate DHL. Whenever I
need something picked up now, I leave specific instructions for them to come
inside the porch and knock loudly on the front door so, if I'm in the kitchen in
the back of the house I can hear them.

RoseLea