-----Original Message-----
 From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of
John S Wilkinson
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 08:45

2. Let it bleed.

 The mistake people immediately make is to apply pressure. If you block the
cannula hole where the
 blood is coming out, it will always seep under the skin and give you a big
black bruise that'll take
a couple weeks to go away.

 Instead, let it bleed out. You can lightly pad away the blood with a gauze pad
or towel or whatever
to keep the blood from staining your clothes, just don't block the opening.

It'll stop in a few minutes. You won't die.