RE: [IP] Precision Xtra

When I used Xtra I liked the individual wrapped strips but not waiting
for  45 second results.  Does it still take 45 seconds?

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Bruce Felstein
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 2:12 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Precision Xtra

The new strips for the Xtra are made so that you don't put the blood
on the strip you touch the strip to the blood and the strip absorbs
the blood like most of the other strips for the other meters, perhaps
that may be where your problem lies.  You need to touch the end of the
strip to the blood and let it absorb the blood.  I've had no problems at
all with the Xtra since the VA switched over to them.  Make sure that
the strips are in the blue foil and not the gold foil packs.

Bruce

> I've been trying to use this meter and I find it's a real piece of
crap.
> This surprises me because I used Precision QID's for years. The test
> strips are very slow to absorb blood. Also, I can fill the strip with
> blood, it's obvious the strip is full of blood, and the meter just
sits
> there telling me to put the blood on the test strip. Also I just did 5
> test in a row and the results varied about 50 points. I never have any
of
> those problems on the One Touch Ultra Smart.
> Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
6/8/2006