[IP] RE:Coconut

Hi Stacey and Jan,

Yeah, maybe most diabetics think that they can't eat it because it's
sweetened. And fatty. And if you don't know your way around insulin(or
you're not on it), I can see how that would be a problem. I was eating the
unsweetened sort, anyway. But an off-list post has me thinking that it's
probably the sulphites in dried coconut that I am allergic to, which makes
sense. The only other time I have had a food reaction was to red wine, which
also has a lot of sulphites. And since I eat very little processed food, I'm
not exposed to them very often....

Tricia