  From: Jerry & Kristin
  To: email @ redacted
  Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 4:27 PM
  Subject: [IP] UPS Delivery

  Ordered some Novolog insulin pens from Medco and they sent with ice packs
  overnight air via UPS and we waited all day for the delivery which never
came.
  I started calling at 3 pm to find out what is happening since the website
said
  they were on the truck and being delivered.  Finally at 7 pm we talked to
  someone who said they never made it on the truck and also found out they
were
  still sitting in the Air Shipment container in 100+ degree heat all day and
  would not be delivered unit the next day.  After telling, then yelling that
  there was insulin in the package, which fell upon deaf ears and a few other
  choice words they acted as though the did not care.  So we called the next
  morning to get some answers and went through the same thing again with ore
  people and finally talked to a supervisor who found out the would be
delivered
  by 1 pm after sitting in the hot truck all morning.  The package arrived
and
  low and behold it was hotter than hell with the insulin and 700 test strips
in
  it.  The insulin is being reordered through medco with the stipulation it
be
  delivered in the AM by UPS or there will be hell to pay.  I think what
annoys
  me the most is the package was marked perishable all over but nothing was
done
  to protect it.  I am getting tired of people screwing with my health like
  this.  Sorry about the length and the tone I needed to vent.
  Jerry Linton