Re: [IP] Coconut

> Just talked to a friend who says that diabetics he knows
> say they cannot eat coconut. It's a no-no. Well, I know
> it has lots of fat, but I know how to deal with that. Is it
> a problem for other reasons? Do other diabetics react
> to it for some bizarre reason?

Do you suppose the DMers he *knows* who cannot eat coconut is because it
is sweetened and DMers do not eat sweets - in any way, shape, or form?
That is why we are so often gifted with *sugar-free* goodies (NOT!). LOL
But, was this fresh coconut that you ate? Perhaps you are allergic to
it. You know, weird things are always happening with us at various
times.

Hope you find out the reason, or get a determination of your reaction.

Jan (48 y/o if you don't count the weekends), dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg
8/23/83) & Bluda II (MM508 8/31/04)
Dialyzing since 7/8/02 http://maxpages.com/bludasue  -
http://maxpages.com/TSLandCLIP  -
 http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics  (and EVOLUTION OF INSULIN PUMPS
with World's Youngest Pumper)

In the '60s people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is
weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.