Re: [IP] Insurance to approve CGMS

>Michael said:
>
>> Well, my Dexcom can be "fooled" into re-using the same sensor for a
>> second (and even a 3rd, and IF YOU DARE, even a 4th !!!) 72-hour period.
>
> how do you do that?

When the time's up (72 hours, you remove the Transmitter from the sensor
site (leave the sensor exactly where it is, don't pull up ANYTHING).
Then, run the "new sensor" procedure on the receiver (the CGMS
display/control unit).

When it gets to the "put the transmitter on, OK ??" screen, clip it --->
right back where you just removed it from <--- and confirm, OK!

Numbers from my last one were rock-solid for the 2nd and 3rd periods
(days 4-6 and 7-9). Day 11 and day 12, it started reading low.  At the
end of day 12, I replaced it. Maybe that will prove to have been a
particularly "lucky" sensor site, but I doubt it... if they're
officially going for 7 days, I bet 9 days is gonna work almost every time.