From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Christina
Parente
Sent: Monday, 5 June 2006 16:38
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] MiniMed not registering Active Insulin

I have a question about how the MiniMed 512 figures corrections. Here9s
my
example, which still doesn9t make sense to me...

I bolus 8 units for a meal
I then test BS, BS sent to pump
I then tell pump using the Bolus Wizard what the carbs were
With my ratios the answer was 7.6
It suggests I take 7.6

It did not take into account my current BS (which was over target), or
the
bolus of 8 I had just given. Nor any previous bolus (so it did not
register
active insulin).

I had called MiniMed about his before, saying this seems really strange
me. What if I were in a hurry and just agreed (which I never do anyway
but
for argument9s sake)? What if that low hit while driving? That means I
would
have taken 15.6 total units I would normally take around 8 for.

They said I don9t have to do what it tells me, but that large of a gap,
not
registering previous bolus seems dangerous to me. They couldn9t explain
it
at all.

Thoughts on why it does that? Granted it9s a machine I may have confused
it
doing it backwards, but I would think that the software would be set up
handle that scenario.

I receive the digest version so if someone has an idea would you mind
replying directly to me?

Thank you all for your help!